Walgreens is an American company running pharmacy store chains in the United States. If you are wondering if Walgreens takes Apple Pay, we have the answers for you.
In this guide, we will explain whether Walgreens takes Apple Pay and how to set up that payment method.
So without wasting any more time, let us dive right into it.
Does Walgreens Take Apple Pay?
The short answer to this question is that YES, Walgreens does take Apple Pay. It can be used at every Wallgreens outlet including online and in-store.
However, you will first need to set up Apple Pay to use it at Walgreens. You can even set up Apple Pay through your Apple Watch.
If you are wondering how to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, just follow the steps given below.
How To Set Up?
- Use your iPhone to start the Apple Watch app.
- Select the My Watch option.
- From here, choose the Wallet option.
- Now select Apple Pay.
- Click on the Add button and add a debit/credit card that you want to use.
- There will be a Set Up Passcode option available now. Use this to add a 4-digit passcode to your Apple Watch. This is optional but recommended.
- You will now be asked to provide your card’s CVV.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose Next to proceed further.
- You will soon receive a text confirming that the Card is activated.
- Now, you will be able to use Apple Pay through your Apple Watch.
How To Pay?
- You will first need to double-click the side of your Apple Watch.
- Choose the card you want to use from your digital wallet.
- Hold up the Watch to the scanner.
- You should now receive a notification that the payment is successful.
Here’s how you can set up Apple Pay on your iPhone device.
How To Pay?
- Open the Apple Wallet and select the Default card.
- Double-press the side button on the iPhone to activate the Apple Pay option.
- Now, place the phone over the scanner to use Apple Pay.
- There will be a vibration that specifies that the transaction has taken place.
How To Use Apple Pay Online To Pay At Walgreens?
- Open the official Walgreens app on your mobile device.
- Sign in to your account.
- Shop for the items that you need.
- Choose a delivery option: Pickup, Same Day Delivery, or Shipping.
- During checkout, go to the Wallet and select Apple Pay as your preferred payment method.
How To Set Up An Apple Pay Account For iPhone?
- To set up an Apple Pay account for your iPhone, go to your Apple Wallet App.
- Choose Apple Pay.
- Select the credit or debit card option.
- Enter the required debit/credit card information and click Continue.
- Choose the Add option.
- Click Next and agree with the terms and conditions.
- Select a verification method.
- Now, you can use Apple Pay from your iPhone using this verification method.
It is also possible to add a Walgreens Card to Apple Pay. This way you can use your Walgreens balance and enjoy additional rewards. We have detailed the steps to do so below.
- Open the Walgreens app on your phone device.
- Click on the Balance Rewards option at the bottom.
- Select the Add to Apple Wallet option.
- To ensure all purchases use your Walgreens Balance rewards account, choose the Automatically Select option.
- You will now be able to see your Walgreens card on your wallet app.
- After this, you will be able to avail your Walgreens balance and rewards through Apple Pay.
We hope that this article answered all your questions regarding using Apple Pay on Walgreens.