Are you getting ChatGPT access denied error code 1020? If your answer is YES then look no further as we have a step-by-step guide explaining its solution in a very easy way.
The popularity of ChatGPT has been increasing with each passing day since its launch.
There is no denying that tons of users across the world are using ChatGPT to write essays, code, and other things but many are encountering errors, glitches and issues while accessing the ChatGPT website.
The latest ChatGPT error that has left everyone scratching their heads is error code 1020.
If you too are having the access denied error code 1020 in ChatGPT then don’t worry, this guide will help resolve the issue.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix ChatGPT Access Denied Error Code 1020?
To make your work easier, we have come up with a bunch of methods that can be used to fix the ChatGPT error code 1020.
Since each solution is different from another, we will explain all methods separately.
Method 1: Clear ChatGPT Data
The first method to fix ChatGPT access denied error code 1020 needs you to clear its Data.
If you don’t know how to clear ChatGPT’s data then follow the steps written below:
- First, open up a browser, Google Chrome.
- Once opened, click on the three dots located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Settings’ option and then click on the Privacy and Security option which can be found on the left side.
- Then, click on the Cookies and other site data.
- After clicking on that option, scroll down and click on See All Site data and permissions.
- Now, type OpenAI into the search bar.
- When you do so, you will find all cookies related to ChatGPT.
- To fix the error, you need to delete all ChatGPT cookies.
- To delete cookies, you simply need to click on the Trash icon located right side of the site name and then the Clear option.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Turn Off the Browser Extension
If you have multiple chrome browser extensions installed on your browser, I advise you to disable them all.
If you have any Chrome Extension installed and enabled, it is likely that the enabled extension might block ChatGPT from running smoothly.
Once you have successfully disabled all chrome extensions, launch ChatGPT and see if the error is fixed.
Method 3: Use VPN
Using a VPN could prevent you from encountering the access denied error code 1020 on ChatGPT.
If you don’t know how to use a VPN to run ChatGPT then follow the steps written below:
- First, open a browser and search for Chrome Web Store.
- After entering the Chrome Web Store, type VPN into the Search Bar on the screen’s top left side.
- When you do so, you will see a huge list of VPN that can be used in your Browser.
- Now, select a VPN and add it to your browser by clicking on the ‘Add to Chrome’ button.
- Once you have successfully added a VPN to your browser, launch ChatGPT and see if the error is fixed or not.
- That’s it.
4. Reset IP Address & DNS Server
To reset your IP address and DNS server, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, go to the Search bar and type CMD.
- Now, run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- When you do so, the command window will appear on the screen.
- In the black command window, you will have to use three commands which you can copy from here — ipconfig /flushdns, netsh winsock reset and
netsh int ip reset.
- After entering each command, you will have to hit the Enter button.
- When you do it for the third time, you will have your IP address reset.
- Now, you will have to change your DNS server. To do so, open up the Control Panel and then click on ‘Network And Internet’.
- Now, click on the Network and Sharing Center and select your Internet.
- From the pop-up window, click on the ‘Properties’ option and then click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and then Properties again.
- Now, you will have to use the following DNS Server address to get your DNS server changed.
Preferred DNS Server — 8888
Alternate DNS Server — 8844
- After doing this, click on the Ok button.
- Once done, now, check if the ChatGPT error code 1020 is resolved or not.
Method 5: Change the Browser
If you continue to encounter the same ChatGPT error then chances are high that you might be getting this error because of your faulty browser.
If you are using Google Chrome to run ChatGPT, I advise you to switch to Firefox and Opera.
After changing the browser, check if the error is fixed or not.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the ChatGPT access denied error code 1020.