If you are a MacOS user then you must know about one amazing technology called AirPlay. It allows Mac users to stream audio or video on other devices like speakers or TV which is compatible with this technology.
You can use AirPlay technology to stream your Mac screen on your Apple or Smart TV and watch movies on a bigger screen.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of how to AirPlay from Mac to TV. To know how you need to keep on reading this post.
How to Airplay From Mac to TV?
To mirror your Mac screen to your TV using Airplay, your TV must be connected to an Apple box or your TV must be compatible with Smart TV.
Recently, Smart TV manufacturers like LG, Sony, and Samsung are currently using AirPlay technology in their latest TV that also support streaming boxes.
To AirPlay from Mac, you need to check whether your device is compatible with this technology or not. If your device is compatible with AirPlay technology then you can move forward.
The second thing you have to make sure is both your Mac device and Smart TV are connected to the same wifi network.
Once connected, you will be able to AirPlay from Mac to TV but the process of doing so is different depending on which version of MacOS you are using.
Below we have covered steps to AirPlay from the Mac version of Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Catalina, and Mojave to TV.
How to AirPlay From MacBook Running Big Sur, Monterey, or Ventura to a TV
Here are a few simple steps to AirPlay from MacBook running Big Sur, Monterey, or Ventura to a TV.
- First, connect your Mac or Smart TV to the same wifi network.
- Once done, click on the Control Center icon.
- Click on Menu and select Screen Mirroring.
- After that, select your TV Name.
- When you do so, your Mac screen will be displayed on your Apple or Smart TV.
- That’s it.
How to AirPlay From MacBook Running Catalina or Mojave to TV?
- Go to the Menu Bar, and click on the AirPlay icon.
- From the AirPlay menu, choose your Apple TV or Smart TV Name.
- If you are using the AirPlay feature for the first time then a confirmation code will be shown on the TV screen.
- Type the code into a dialog box on the Mac to confirm.
- That’s it.
How to AirPlay from a Specific App
The AirPlay technology also allows users to share screens with Apple or Smart TV from within some apps and websites.
- To do so, look for the AirPlay icon while watching any video and click on it.
- You can find the AirPlay icon next to the play controls for the video you are watching.
- Choose your Apple TV or Smart TV name.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to Airplay from Mac to TV.