Counter Strike 2 is the successor to the wildly successful tactical FPS shooter game CS:GO. If you want to activate Counter Strike 2 and get a head start in the game by playing the CS 2 Beta, this guide is just want you need.
In this guide, we will discuss how you can activate Counter Strike 2 as well as give you some tips to improve your chances of getting a Beta invite.
Let us get started.
How To Get Invite And Activate Counter Strike 2 Beta?
Currently, players can get into the Counter Strike 2 Beta test through an invite only. You can check if you have been invited to CS 2 in a few simple steps. We have explained these below for your convenience.
- Go to Steam and then open Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. If you do not have the game, you should download and install it from Steam for free.
- Counter Strike 2 will eventually replace CS:GO. However, the only way to access it right now is through CS:GO. You will need to fully update CS:GO for this to work.
- Once you have opened CS:GO, you need to check your ‘Prime Status’ upgrade. You can purchase it from Steam if you do not have it yet.
- Now, you need to unlock your competitive matchmaking rank if it is not already done. You can do this by playing ranked matches on CS:GO.
- Wait for an invite for the Counter Strike 2 Limited Access beta. This invite can be sent to any player who meets the qualifications and is not reserved for competitive players or players with a large following.
- Once you have received the invite, all you need to do is click on the Enroll option. This will download CS 2 on your device.
- Now, when you play in the future, you will have the option to pick between CS:GO or CS 2 when you launch the game from Steam.
Also Read > Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) Casual Not Working Fix
How To Get A Counter Strike 2 Beta Invite?
For now, getting a Counter Strike 2 Beta Invite is random and Valve has announced that they will be adding new players to the mix.
However, your chances of getting an invite multiply manifolds if you are regularly playing CS:GO in competitive matches and casual modes.
A high playtime is one of the major factors that decide whether you are invited for the CS 2 Beta test. This does not include community servers so stay on the official Valve servers.
Another parameter that plays a crucial role in deciding whether or not you get an invite is your conduct. You should maintain positive conduct while in matches and should not participate in any negative behaviour like bullying or harassing other players.
A positive standing within the community and game may not sound like it affects your chances of being invited to play CS 2 but let us reassure you that it is a crucial factor.
You should be supportive and help out your teammates to build up the trust factor. In addition, you must ensure that your account does not have any VAC bans. Having an account that is in good standing with Valve is a very important step to being invited for the beta test.
That being said, it is important to remember that the only way to activate Counter Strike 2 at the moment is through an official invite from Valve.
It is not possible to purchase limited-period keys or get access through third-party sites. Any source claiming otherwise is a potential scam and should be avoided.
These scams have even been officially addressed by the CS2 Twitter handle. So for your account’s safety, we would advise you to steer clear of any suspicious sources claiming to grant access to CS 2.
That is all you need to know on how to activate Counter Strike 2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.