Do you want to access WhatsApp channels but have no idea how to do it? This guide will help you out with a step-by-step process to access WhatsApp channels.
WhatsApp channels are a great feature through which users can get access to updates from various groups and people.
However, the feature can be a bit daunting for those who have not experienced it before. This is why we have compiled this guide to make the process easier for you.
How To Access WhatsApp Channels?
WhatsApp channels feature was introduced for limited locations in 2023. Currently, this feature is available in Singapore, Colombia, Ukraine, Chile, Malaysia, Egypt, Peru, Kenya, and Morocco.
If you wish to use this feature and gain access to interesting and unique channels, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to WhatsApp and open the Updates section. This will be located where the Status option was located earlier. It will only be available if WhatsApp channels are available in your current location.
- Here, you can select See All next to Find Channels.
- Now, you can select the Find Channels option at the bottom.
- WhatsApp will now show you different channels across the app that you can follow.
- While channels are sorted based on popularity by default, you can choose to change this through the Sort option and choose another criteria for the selection.
- You can also use the Search option at the top to discover specific channels. In addition, you can also get invited to follow certain channels through their administrator.
- However, you will not be able to find all WhatsApp channels here. If the channel administrators choose to keep their channel private, you will only be able to join it through an invite.
- Once you find a channel that you want to follow, click on the + button. You will now be following the channel and will receive updates regarding it.
- You can also select a channel from the recommended list and select Follow in the top right corner.
This is how you can find and follow channels on WhatsApp.
How To Unfollow A WhatsApp Channel?
If you have followed a channel that you no longer find relevant, it is quite easy to unfollow channels on WhatsApp.
If you do not wish to entirely unfollow a channel but do not wish to receive regular updates about it, you also have the option to mute a channel.
You can follow the steps given below to unfollow channels on WhatsApp.
- Go to the Updates tab on WhatsApp.
- Now, choose a channel from your list to unfollow.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the channel’s chat.
- Now, you need to select the Unfollow option from the drop-down menu.
- Once this is done, the channel will be unfollowed and you will no longer receive updates regarding its content. In addition, it will also be removed from your list of channels in the Updates tab.
How To Use Channels To Get Updates?
WhatsApp’s channel feature offers you a convenient way of staying informed about your preferred people and organizations.
Whether you want updates about your favourite celebrity or want to keep up with the activities of a particular local organization, it can all be done through WhatsApp channels.
In fact, this feature can provide you with as much information as other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Moreover, you get more privacy as compared to other platforms as well as a group WhatsApp chat through this option.
This is how you can access WhatsApp channels and gain access to the information that you want. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.