Discord is a platform that allows users to communicate via video, audio, and text. On this platform, you can stay in touch with your friends and families.
Apart from chatting Discord allows users to create and join communities. Discord is used by millions of users daily to talk about various things ranging from art projects and family trips to homework and mental health support.
On Discord you can also create or join different servers. The majority of these servers are private invite-only spaces for groups of friends and communities to stay in touch and spend time together.
However, to make the safe for users of all ages Discord has some privacy policies. One of these policies is restriction. The server that contains adult content will be made age-restricted.
To access these servers you must be 18 otherwise you won’t be able to join these servers. iOS users with content restrictions might also not be able to access age-restricted servers on the app.
However, if you are below 18 and want to access the age-restricted servers on Discord then you are in the right place. In this guide, you’ll learn how to Access Age-Restricted Servers on Discord.
So without any further ado let’s get started:
Also Read > How to Change Discord Username
How to Access Age-Restricted Servers on Discord?
If you want to Access Age-Restricted Servers on Discord then you can do it by enabling the “Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS” privacy settings.
Remember you can only make changes in the privacy settings if you are 18 or above otherwise you need parental approval. However, if you want to Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS then you can do it by using the steps mentioned below.
To change the privacy settings you need to open a desktop version of the Discord app. Because the “Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS” setting option is not available on the mobile version of the app.
- Open your desktop version of the Discord app. If you don’t have the Discord app on your computer then download it from the Discord Official Website.
- After successfully installing the Discord app, launch it and log in to your Discord Account.
- Once logged in, click on the Gear Icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- This will open the settings where you will see multiple options including “My Account”, “User Profile”, “Authorized Apps”, and more.
- To change your content and privacy restrictions settings click on the “Privacy & Safety” option.
- Under this setting option, you will customize various settings such as direct message settings, server privacy defaults, who can add you as a friend, and more.
- Now under the “Server Privacy Defaults” section, enable the “Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS” option.
- Once enabled close the page and re-open Discord and you’ll be able to access age-restricted servers.
- That’s it.
How do I bypass the age restriction on Discord?
If you want to bypass the age restrictions on Discord then you need to see your age above 18. Alternatively, you can enable the “Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS” option from the privacy settings.
To enable the “Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS” option on Discord make sure to use the desktop version of the Discord app because this privacy setting is not available on the mobile version of the app.
Once you change the privacy settings you have to force close and re-open the app to apply the changes.
If you have accidentally set your age to under 18, you can change it by submitting a request to Discord.
That’s all you need to know about how to Access Age-Restricted Servers on Discord.