Are you getting an error ‘A required network service has failed’ while loading up MW2 or Warzone 2? If YES then look no further as we have got you covered.
Before I teach you a bunch of methods to fix it on a PC, Xbox and PlayStation 4/5, let me tell you that you are not the only users across the world who are getting this issue at the moment.
A lot of users took to social media and complained that they were unable to play either Modern Warfare 2 or Wardone 2 on their devices. Whenever they try to load up the game, they are greeted with an error ‘A required network service has failed’ preventing them from opening up the game.
If you too are encountering the ‘A required network service has failed’ while launching MW2 or Warzone 2 then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix A Required Network Service Has Failed In MW2
Since the solution to the MW2 A required network service has failed is different for PC, Xbox and PlayStation 4/5 is different from devices, we will explain them separately.
Method 1: Use VPN
Whenever you encounter the ‘A required network service has failed’ error in MW2 or Warzone 2, the first thing you should do is try a VPN and connect it to a different country.
This might not work for you but there are people who claim to have resolved the issue by using a free VPN.
If you have not tried this method yet, give it a try.
Method 2: Change Your Region
The next method that could resolve the MW2 A required network service has failed error is changing your region.
To change your region, open Battle.net and then click on the Globe icon and then change the region.
Once changed, relaunch the game and check if the error is gone.
Method 3: Scan & Repair
The last method that you could try to fix the MW2 A required network service has failed error on a PC is go to Settings and select ‘Scan and Repair’.
After that, relaunch the game and check if the error remains.
There are multiple solutions that can be used to resolve the MW2 A required network service has failed error.
Method 1: Update Your Console Software
The first solution that you should try to fix the MW2 status error is updating your console.
To update your console software, follow the steps written below:
- First, make sure your console is connected to a fast and stable internet connection.
- Once connected, press the Xbox button.
- After that, select Profile & System and then Settings.
- There, you need to go to System and then Updates.
- There, you will see Console Update if there is a new version available.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Update Your Console Game
To update your console game, follow the steps given below:
- First, go to My Games & Apps.
- There, you need to select Games.
- After that, find Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Once found, go to Manage Game and add-ons and then select Update.
- Now, select Update All.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Subscription
This might be a bit strange to you but there are people on Reddit who claim to have fixed this issue by purchasing an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
To join Xbox Live Gold on your console, Press the Xbox button. Now, Select Store > Subscriptions, and then select the Xbox Live Gold tile.
PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5
There is only one method that could help you fix the MW2 A required network service has failed error.
The method needs you to change your DNS. If you don’t know how to change your DNS on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 then follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open up the Settings Menu.
- Once opened, go to Network and then select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Now, select Wi-Fi or LAN based on your connection.
- Make sure to select the IP address Settings to Custom and DNS Settings to Manual.
- Now, enter 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 into the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS, respectively.
- Once entered, relaunch MW2 or Warzone 2 and then check if the error remains.
- That’s it.
If the above-mentioned DNS does not work then you can also try entering 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. as your Primary and Secondary DNS, respectively.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the MW2 A required network service has failed error.